Guest Engagement Ambassadors
Guest Engagement Ambassadors
Now accepting applications for Spring 2019
Guest Engagement Ambassadors play an important role in advancing the Zoo’s mission of “creating unforgettable natural connections.” They devote their time enhancing guest experiences by engaging and educating visitors of all ages. Our Guest Engagement Ambassadors do this by supporting Zoo-wide Conservation Stations, acting as exhibit interpreters, using biofacts to engage guests, and answering visitor questions.
Guest Engagement Ambassador PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about animals and conservation.
- Must be reliable, hardworking and possess strong leadership skills.
- Must be willing and able to regularly and positively engage guests in the park in support of our mission.
- Successfully complete background screening.
- Sign off on policy packet with release.
Guest Engagement Ambassador PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS
- After acceptance, each Guest Engagement Ambassador must complete all training and shadowing sessions that cover interpretation, conservation, biology, and ecology.
- By the completion of your training, demonstrate the ability to enhance guest experiences through accurate and engaging interpretation at various exhibits and programs throughout the Zoo.
- Commit to 96 hours annually, with 8 hours a month, of educational volunteering.
- Successfully complete programs and assignments.
Application Process & Details
- Applications are currently closed. Join our waiting list to receive notification when applications open again in Spring 2019.
- A representative of ZooTampa at Lowry Park will contact those who have applied and invite candidates to attend a mandatory Group Interview Session.
- Conditional acceptance into the Program will be communicated in August 2018. If conditionally approved to proceed, candidates will undergo a background check at their own expense. The cost for this is typically $25.00, but some jurisdictions may charge additional fees.
- Upon final acceptance into the Program, a non-refundable fee of $25.00 is assessed to cover a uniform, name badge, and training materials. Thereafter, the Program carries an annual dues requirement of $15 annually to offset program support costs.
- If the fees associated with participation will cause you financial hardship, you may ask to be considered for sponsorship. Please contact Arinn Bolin at email@example.com for details on how to apply.
Interested in learning more?
Attend an information session hosted at ZooTampa at Lowry Park. Upcoming sessions are scheduled on Wednesday, January 16, Saturday, January 26, and Sunday, January 27. Space is limited, so please reserve your spot using the Information Session Reservation Link.
Summer Camp Teen Volunteers
If you love working with children, and are passionate about animals and the environment, then the Summer Camp Teen Volunteer Program might be for you!
Summer Camp Teen Volunteers assist Kindergarten through eighth grade campers with a variety of games, crafts, zoo hikes, and animal science learning. Volunteers will also complete tasks that enhance the Camp curriculum, develop an understanding of Program Wide Positive Behavior Support, and participate in weekly Leadership Development Workshops.
Interested in this opportunity? Join our waiting list to receive notification when applications open in Winter 2019.
To be eligible, participants must have completed 9thgrade and be a minimum of 14 years of age.