Guest Engagement Ambassadors
Guest Engagement Ambassadors play an important role in advancing the Zoo’s mission of “creating unforgettable natural connections.” They devote their time enhancing guest experiences by engaging and educating visitors of all ages. Our Guest Engagement Ambassadors do this by supporting Zoo-wide Conservation Stations, acting as exhibit interpreters, using biofacts to engage guests, and answering visitor questions.
Guest Engagement Ambassador PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about animals and conservation.
- Must be reliable, hardworking and possess strong leadership skills.
- Must be willing and able to regularly and positively engage guests in the park in support of our mission.
- Successfully complete background screening.
- Sign off on policy packet with release.
Guest Engagement Ambassador PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS
- After acceptance, each Guest Engagement Ambassador must complete all training and shadowing sessions that cover interpretation, Zoo history, conservation, biology, and ecology.
- By the completion of your training, demonstrate the ability to enhance guest experiences through accurate and engaging interpretation at various exhibits and programs throughout the Zoo.
- Commit to 96 hours annually, with 8 hours a month, of educational volunteering.
- Successfully complete programs and assignments.
Interested in getting involved?
Applications will reopen in Fall of 2018. Join our waiting list to be notified when information sessions are scheduled and applications become available!
Teen Volunteers – Zoo Crew
Zoo Crew Volunteers are passionate about animals and conservation! These teen volunteers dedicate their time educating Zoo guests about the animals in our care and sharing conservation messages.