Guest Engagement Ambassadors
Now accepting Applications for Fall of 2018
ZooTampa at Lowry park is currently seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals interested in animals and conservation!
Guest Engagement Ambassadors play an important role in advancing the Zoo’s mission of “creating unforgettable natural connections.” They devote their time enhancing guest experiences by engaging and educating visitors of all ages. Our Guest Engagement Ambassadors do this by supporting Zoo-wide Conservation Stations, acting as exhibit interpreters, using biofacts to engage guests, and answering visitor questions.
Guest Engagement Ambassador PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about animals and conservation.
- Must be reliable, hardworking and possess strong leadership skills.
- Must be willing and able to regularly and positively engage guests in the park in support of our mission.
- Successfully complete background screening.
- Sign off on policy packet with release.
Guest Engagement Ambassador PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS
- After acceptance, each Guest Engagement Ambassador must complete all training and shadowing sessions that cover interpretation, Zoo history, conservation, biology, and ecology.
- By the completion of your training, demonstrate the ability to enhance guest experiences through accurate and engaging interpretation at various exhibits and programs throughout the Zoo.
- Commit to 96 hours annually, with 8 hours a month, of educational volunteering.
- Successfully complete programs and assignments.
Application Process & Details
- Apply online at ZooTampa’s Career Center. Applications for the Fall 2018 class close on July 13.
- A representative of ZooTampa at Lowry Park will contact those who have applied and invite candidates to attend a mandatory Group Interview Session.
- Conditional acceptance into the Program will be communicated in August 2018. If conditionally approved to proceed, candidates will undergo a background check at their own expense. The cost for this is typically $25.00, but some jurisdictions may charge additional fees.
- Upon final acceptance into the Program, a non-refundable fee of $25.00 is assessed to cover a uniform, name badge, and training materials. Thereafter, the Program carries an annual dues requirement of $15 annually to offset program support costs.
If the fees associated with participation will cause you financial hardship, you may ask to be considered for sponsorship. Please contact Arinn Bolin at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply.
Teen Volunteers – Zoo Crew
Zoo Crew Volunteers are passionate about animals and conservation! These teen volunteers dedicate their time educating Zoo guests about the animals in our care and sharing conservation messages.