Visitor Info & Zoo Rules
Regular operating hours are 9:30 am - 5:00 pm, 7 days a week.
Christmas Eve hours are 9:30am to 4:00 pm
ZooTampa is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, and may have extended hours for special events.
Christmas in the Wild takes place on select nights in November & December:
Friday, November 26th (Members Only Night) - 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, November 27th - 4pm to 10pm
Friday, December 3rd - 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, December 4th - 4pm to 10pm
Friday, December 10th - 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, December 11th - 4pm to 10pm
Friday, December 17th - 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, December 18th - 4pm to 10pm
Sunday, December 19th - 4pm to 10pm
Monday, December 20th - 4pm to 10pm
Tuesday, December 21st - 4pm to 10pm
Wednesday, December 22nd - 4pm to 10pm
Thursday, December 23rd - 4pm to 10pm
Sunday, December 26th - 4pm to 9pm
Monday, December 27th - 4pm to 9pm
Tuesday, December 28th - 4pm to 9pm
Wednesday, December 29th - 4pm to 9pm
Thursday, December 30th - 4pm to 9pm
Download the ZooTampa App
Forget the map - get our Zoo app!
Help us eliminate paper waste by downloading our ZooTampa app instead of grabbing a paper map at the Zoo. Plan out your visit ahead of time by building a list of activities, and use the real-time walking guide to get to any location in our park. Plus, our app is packed with info about the animals in our care, upcoming events, conservation efforts, fun content & more!
Point your phone's camera at this QR code to download the ZooTampa app on your Android or iOS mobile device, or tap below.
Health & Safety Update
Our goal is to provide our community a safe and fun open air environment where you can come connect with each other and experience amazing wildlife. Here are a few key things to know before arriving:
- Reservations are no longer required to visit ZooTampa at Lowry Park. Click here to buy tickets
- ZooTampa is principally an outdoor fresh-air experience; therefore, when outside on zoo grounds, guests who maintain proper social distancing are not required to wear facemasks.
- Enhanced signage is placed, and safety hosts redeployed with a supply of free masks, at entrances to major indoor facilities to courteously encourage guests to wear masks at our indoor venues, which includes retail shops, restrooms, restaurants and Manatee Mangrove.
- Masks are required during our Signature Encounters, Giraffe Meet & Greet, and during certain animal experiences. Masks are strongly recommended for those not fully vaccinated during the Expedition Wild Africa Safari Ride & while in the ride's queue line.
- Masks and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all employees based on their job responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Employees and guests are instructed to stay home if they have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other signs of illness.
- Guests and employees are advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other individuals not traveling with them while moving around the Zoo.
- While still open for your enjoyment, some animal habitats may have temporary extended barriers to ensure a 6 foot distance between guests and certain species.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our ZooTampa family safe.
Zero Tolerance Policy
The safety of our guests, employees and animals is a top priority. ZooTampa has a zero tolerance policy for aggressive behaviors along with well-defined and effective consequences for violators. Consistent with this policy, any type of acts or threats of physical violence, including intimidation, harassment and/or coercion will not be tolerated. Additionally any discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status will not be tolerated. Violators will be immediately reported to the Tampa Police Department and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We will do everything possible to create and preserve an environment where everyone can feel physically and emotionally safe to enjoy our zoological park.
From the East (Orlando & Atlantic Coast):
Take I-4 West to I-275 North, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn left (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
From the North:
Take I-75 South to I-275 South, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn right (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
From the South:
Take I-75 North to I-4 West to I-275 North, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn left (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
From the West (Gulf Beaches):
Take I-275 North, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn left (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
The Zoo is serviced by HART Bus Routes 41 and 45.
Parking at ZooTampa is free for all guests. Zoo Members get access to preferred parking, subject to availability.
Reentry is allowed with wristband. Ask the attendant at the Zoo exit for a wristband before exiting the park.
Safety & Security
Know Before You Go
For your safety at ZooTampa at Lowry Park, we have enhanced security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process, we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
- All bags, backpacks, and packages will be subject to inspection prior to entering the park
- Click here to see a list of items that are not permitted inside ZooTampa
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
- ZooTampa is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park offers a variety of delicious food for guests at several restaurants and concession stands throughout, but understand that guests may need to bring outside food for special dietary needs. Click here to see a list of acceptable and prohibited outside food items
For the convenience of our guests, there is a picnic area located outside the park near the main parking lot. For information on concessions for special dietary needs please read below.
For more information on ZooTampa rules and guidelines please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
ZooTampa is committed to providing an environment that is safe and secure for guests, employees, volunteers and the animals in our care. ZooTampa prohibits any person from using or operating any drone or UAS on or above the Zoo campus, including parking facilities and back areas. Exceptions must receive written authorization by the Zoo's management team and must follow all rules and regulations of both the Zoo and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
This policy applies to all persons on the ZooTampa campus including guests, employees, and volunteers, as well as individuals who are operating a drone outside of the Zoo property limits but flying over its campus.
Persons in violation of ZooTampa's drone policy are identified as trespassers and will be referred to and dealt with accordingly by law enforcement officers, including but not limited to criminal charges and fines.