Regular operating hours are 9:30am - 5:00pm.
ZooTampa is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
The Zoo may have extended hours for special events, and closing times will vary for Creatures of the Night and Christmas in the Wild. Follow us on Facebook to stay updated.
Parking at ZooTampa is free for all guests. Zoo Members get access to preferred parking, subject to availability.
From the East (Orlando & Atlantic Coast):
Take I-4 West to I-275 North, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn left (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
From the North:
Take I-75 South to I-275 South, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn right (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
From the South:
Take I-75 North to I-4 West to I-275 North, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn left (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
From the West (Gulf Beaches):
Take I-275 North, Exit 48 (Sligh Ave). Turn left (west) on Sligh Ave, cross N. Boulevard. Zoo entrance is on right.
The Zoo is serviced by HART Bus Routes 41 and 45.
Safety & Security
For your safety at ZooTampa at Lowry Park, we have enhanced security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process, we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
Please note the following restrictions:
- All bags, backpacks, and packages will be subject to inspection prior to entering the park
- As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into ZooTampa for the safety of our animals and our guests: any type of explosive or weapon, knives or other sharp objects, straws, large coolers, alcoholic beverages, marijuana, illegal drugs, clothing likely to create a danger or disturbance, Segways, hoverboards, two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles, shoes with wheels, drones, and any hazardous items or materials.
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
- ZooTampa is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
Know Before You Go
ZooTampa at Lowry Park offers a variety of delicious food for guests at several restaurants and concession stands throughout. Guests are not permitted to bring food nor coolers to the zoo. There is a picnic area available outside the park.
- Bottled water (max 20oz bottle, sealed) one per guest
- Small snacks for young children.
- Baby food/baby formula
- Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5” wide x 6” high x 6” deep (limit one per child)
- Pre-purchased empty ZooTampa souvenir cups
- Any food required for medical purposes and medically-indicated nutritional supplements
- Prepared or packaged food or meals
- Glass or any open containers or water bottles filled with beverages
- Hard-sided coolers of any size.
- Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5” wide x 6” high x 6” deep
- Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
Guest with special dietary needs, please contact Guest Relations at 813-935-8552 ext 0
Gluten-Free & Special Dietary Needs
Gluten-free menu options are also available at Zoo restaurants upon request. Please ask a Food and Beverage team member for assistance.
Guest with special dietary needs, please contact Guest Relations at 813-935-8552 ext 0.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park welcomes trained service animals and service animals-in-training. We pride ourselves on providing broad access by service animals throughout our park, but because sensitivities can vary with our animals, guests with service animals are encouraged to check with Guest Relations on the day of visit to determine if access to any Zoo area is restricted on that day. Service animals are limited to dogs and miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. It does not include pets or emotional support animals. Service animals must remain harnessed or leashed at all times. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the guest’s disability prevents them from using these devices, then the service animal must be under the guest’s complete control. Service animals are restricted from entering the Koala photo encounter area. Guests are responsible for the clean-up and for controlling their service animal’s behavior. Guests will be asked to remove service animals if these guidelines are not followed. The Zoo does not offer pet boarding facilities.
The Zoo’s pathways, facilities, and exhibits are designed to provide all visitors an enjoyable experience. Our front parking lot, entryway and walkways are enhanced to provide easy navigation for all of our guests.
All of the Zoo’s restaurants have wheelchair-accessible entrances. Family restrooms, which accommodate wheelchairs or companions, are located adjacent to the Garden Grille restaurant (near the front gate), Wallaroo Station and the Safari Africa plaza.
Reserved spaces are available for disabled guests in the front lot, with ramp access to the main entrance. On days of peak visitation, when the designated spaces are full, Zoo parking lot security will try to assist vehicles carrying disabled guests.
The Zoo has established a partnership with the Center for Autism & Related Disabilities (CARD) at USF to improve our capacity to serve children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders and related disabilities. As a result, the Zoo has been designated an “autism-friendly business.”
The Zoo has visual aids at the front gate (limited availability), which can be borrowed at the guest’s request for assistance. We are also happy to provide an Autism-friendly version of the Zoo map and additional sensory friendly materials like sensory friendly tips and social stories about Visiting the Zoo and Animal Encounters.
WHEELCHAIRS & ECVs
A limited quantity of manual wheelchairs and ECVs are available for rent inside the Zoo on a first come, first served basis. Due to the popularity of these rentals, we are unable to guarantee availability or reserve equipment. Rental fee plus a held photo ID as a deposit are required to rent a manual or electric wheelchair. Personal wheelchairs or ECVs are welcome inside the Zoo.
The Zoo offers the rental of strollers on a first come, first served basis. Due to the popularity of our rentals, we are unable to guarantee availability and/or reserve equipment.
Rental fee plus a held photo ID as a deposit are required to rent a stroller.