Wheelchair accessibility & Pathway Texture
The pathways, facilities, and exhibits provide all visitors an enjoyable experience. Our front parking lot, entryway, and walkways are enhanced to provide easy navigation for all of our guests. Although some pathways feature some grades that are steeper than others, the zoo is wheelchair accessible.
Wheelchair, ECV, and Stroller Rentals
For rentals, please ask for assistance upon entering the Zoo or visit Nature’s Kingdom Gift Shop & Wheelchair Rentals at the front of the park. Rental fee plus a held photo ID as a deposit are required to rent a wheelchair, ECV, or stroller. Rental fees listed below include tax, and are subject to change without notice.
Gluten-Free & Special Dietary Needs
Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan menu options are also available at Zoo restaurants upon request. Please ask a Food and Beverage team member for assistance. Click here to see a list of allowed and prohibited outside food & beverage items
Guests with special dietary needs, please contact Guest Relations using the chat bubble at the bottom left corner, or call us at 813-935-8552 ext 0.
Zoo Tampa is a partner of the University of South Florida’s Center for Autism & Related Disabilities (C.A.R.D), which provides training and technical support to improve our service to guests with sensory processing challenges. With support from The Junior League of Tampa, we offer Social Experience Stories in English and Spanish and in three formats:
We also offer Distract Packs available to borrow at the Guest Service kiosk along with an Autism Friendly Zoo Map, and a quiet space to get away located in the back of Wallaroo. As a result of our community supports, the Zoo is certified as an “autism-friendly business.”
Only ADA service animals are permitted inside ZooTampa. Including animals-in-training, but this does not include pets or emotional support animals (ESAs). Service animals are limited to dogs and miniature horses (case by case basis) that have successfully completed an individualized, certified training program, to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with varying abilities.
American Sign Language interpretation can be arranged by ZooTampa at live shows and Signature Encounters. A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required for this service to be requested. Every effort will be made to provide interpreting services with less than two weeks’ notice, depending on availability. Printed scripts for daily Signature Encounters are available upon request.
Please fill out the form below to sign up for the job fair.
1. Please make one field trip per reservation order. Complete one and start a new one if you have multiple days you are booking.
2. Headcount can be approximate. Please include children and adults in your headcount. Please do not include pass holders in your headcount for a ticket.
3. On the ticket page, choose the correct grade level (to the left of your screen) to receive the correct chaperone ratio.
4. On the ticket page, when on the calendar section, the number of tickets available will appear in the top right corner for each particular day. Tickets available include children and adults. If you have more people than tickets available, please choose another day.
5. Anyone that is ordering lunch, even pass holders and adults that receive free chaperone tickets, do need to pay for a lunch IF they are ordering one. Free chaperone tickets and pass holders are for admission only.
Boxed lunch orders must be received 5 business days prior to your field trip arrival. Groups will be responsible for all boxed lunches that were confirmed at that time.
6. Payment does not need to be paid at the time of registration. Choose the pay upon arrival option if you would like one person to pay for your entire trip on the day of your visit.
7. The prices of adult and children’s tickets are different.
8. You will receive a confirmation number and confirmation letter via email when your trip is confirmed. If you do not, please contact Jamie.Elkington@Zootampa.org right away.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park offers a variety of delicious food for guests at several restaurants and concession stands throughout, but we understand that guests may need to bring outside food for special dietary needs. Acceptable and prohibited food items are listed below. For the convenience of our guests, there is a picnic area located outside the park near the main parking lot.
For the safety of our animals, guests and employees, the following items are not permitted to be brought into ZooTampa:
The following items are also prohibited to avoid blocking of walkways and/or trip hazards:
Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone not observing Zoo Rules.
With a new Pay For A Day, Rest of Year Free ticket – for a limited time – you get unlimited admission through December 31, 2024 including access to our seasonal event series. Some blockout dates apply — see below for details. Not valid with any other discounts.
When does my Pay For A Day ticket expire?
Pay for a Day Get the Rest of the Year Free tickets purchased in October, November, or December of 2023, are valid from the day of purchase until 12/31/2024. Any Pay For a Day Get the Rest of the Year Free tickets purchased prior to October 1, 2023 expire on 12/31/2023.
What are the blockout dates?
11/24/23 – 11/26/23
12/26/23 – 12/31/23
3/9/24 – 3/17/24
11/24/24 – 11/26/24
12/26/24 – 12/31/24
Blockout dates apply to admission before 4:00 PM on the above dates.
Can I purchase a Pay For A Day ticket on a blockout date?
Yes! You can purchase a Pay for a Day, Rest of Year Free ticket for first-time use on a listed blockout date and have full access to the park on that day. Blockout dates apply to repeat visitation.