In Memory Of
Jackie Louise Rogoff
Devoted to All Living Beings
With Love from Family & Friends
Jackie Louise (Anton) Rogoff was a beloved mother, grandmother, relative, and friend. We all miss her.
After a few years of challenges to set up a memorial for her – we are finally there.
Jackie loved people and her friends & family --and she loved wildlife. She was a member of several conservation organizations. So a fitting memorial to her would be related to her love of nature, animals, and conservation.
A fund is set up to support a bench in her memory and gifts over the amount needed for the bench will be used for the care and support of the manatees. The bench will be located at the overlook of the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Critical Care Center. This has been an awful year for the manatees in Florida. We have seen a peak year for red tide related deaths and illnesses. We had a record year of manatee deaths due to boat strikes. The Center not only helps the sick and injured manatees, but is also a place to help the orphaned manatees. The goal for all our “patients” is to be able to release them when they are well and bottle feed the orphans so that they will safely grow and be able to be brought back into the wild.
This memorial to Jackie matches her interests and addresses a critical conservation need.
Donor Bill of Rights
Trustees of the Lowry Park Zoological Society, Directors of the Lowry Park Zoo Endowment Foundation, and the Employees and Volunteers at ZooTampa understand and appreciate the vital role of philanthropy to accomplish our work. That’s why we subscribe to the Donor Bill of Rights developed by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, National Society of Fund Raising Executives:
“Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes that they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.”
Donor Privacy Statement
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is committed to protecting your privacy. We value the trust of our donors, volunteers, employees and other supporters and recognize that maintaining this trust requires us to ensure the confidentiality of personal information that you share with us.
As a nonprofit organization, ZooTampa relies on your support, depends on the support of generous contributors, and achieves ambitious fundraising objectives by communicating with and understanding donors. We know that it is essential to protect the privacy of that information. ZooTampa, the Lowry Park Zoological Society, and the Lowry Park Zoo Endowment Foundation will neither sell nor trade a donor’s personal information to any other entity without the written permission of the donor.
ZooTampa Public Disclosures
We are committed to financial transparency. You can download the following financial documents to learn how your donation dollars are allocated to conserve and protect wildlife at ZooTampa.
Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, INC. is a 501(c)(3) Organization; TIN# 59-2328289.
FLORIDA STATE REGISTRATION
Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, INC.: Registration No. CH140
Lowry Park Endowment Foundation, INC.: Registration No. CH20389
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.
DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES
Phone: (800) 435-7352