Tuesday, November 30
Create a Wildlife of Change
Show your love for animals and ZooTampa this holiday season with a donation on #GivingZOOday! As a leader in environmental conservation, ZooTampa helps to save species locally, nationally, and globally by educating and connecting guests with threatened and endangered creatures, and participating in the Species Survival Plan program through the Associations of Zoos and Aquariums.
ZooTampa is a nonprofit organization with an unwavering commitment to protect and preserve wildlife and wild places throughout the world. We are 93% self-funded and rely on people like you to help us provide expert care to the more than 1,000 animals that call ZooTampa home; deliver impactful educational programs to thousands of students each year; and for the rescue, rehabilitation and release of native Florida wildlife. In order to continue these efforts, we need your support.
Your donation will further help us save species from extinction, provide expert care to our animal residents, maintain and renovate animal habitats, and purchase vital enrichment items!
A gift of any size will make a big difference. Just one dollar can buy four large carrots for our orangutan family, and $65 can feed Mickey the Florida panther for a whole week.
Donor Bill of Rights
Trustees of the Lowry Park Zoological Society, Directors of the Lowry Park Zoo Endowment Foundation, and the Employees and Volunteers at ZooTampa understand and appreciate the vital role of philanthropy to accomplish our work. That’s why we subscribe to the Donor Bill of Rights developed by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, National Society of Fund Raising Executives:
“Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes that they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.”
Donor Privacy Statement
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is committed to protecting your privacy. We value the trust of our donors, volunteers, employees and other supporters and recognize that maintaining this trust requires us to ensure the confidentiality of personal information that you share with us.
As a nonprofit organization, ZooTampa relies on your support, depends on the support of generous contributors, and achieves ambitious fundraising objectives by communicating with and understanding donors. We know that it is essential to protect the privacy of that information. ZooTampa, the Lowry Park Zoological Society, and the Lowry Park Zoo Endowment Foundation will neither sell nor trade a donor’s personal information to any other entity without the written permission of the donor.
Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, INC. is a 501(c)(3) Organization; TIN# 59-2328289.
FLORIDA STATE REGISTRATION
Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, INC.: Registration No. CH140
Lowry Park Endowment Foundation, INC.: Registration No. CH20389
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES
Phone: (800) 435-7352