Upgrade Your Day
Up-Close Encounters, Feeding Experiences, & Tours
Add amazing moments to your day, from behind-the-scenes tours to unforgettable animal interactions.
Reserve your spot today — spaces are limited.
Indian Rhino Feeding*
Get an up-close, unforgettable experience with a Greater one-horned rhino, commonly known as an Indian Rhino – a rare species vulnerable to extinction. During this once-in-a-lifetime experience, guests will feed and learn about this incredible species.
African Penguin Backstage*
Waddle on over to meet some fine-feathered friends and get a behind-the-scenes look at how we care for our African penguins. Meet the newest chicks in town and ask any penguin question you may have from our Animal Care Team.
Koala Photo Encounter Presented by Yob Family Foundation*
Weekends & Select Weekdays Only
On this encounter with an adorable marsupial, get up-close to an adorable koala for a koala-ty photo!
Aldabra Tortoise Encounter
Did you know the Aldabra tortoise is second only to the Galapagos as the biggest land tortoise in the world? The Zoo gives you the chance to get up-close with these fascinating reptiles and spend time with the team that cares for these gentle giants.
Southern White Rhino Backstage*
Did you know white rhinos can weigh up to 5,000 lbs.? Come experience the massive presence of this animal by getting up-close, and learn amazing facts from those who care for them at ZooTampa!
Giraffe Meet & Greet
Get eye-to-eye with the world’s tallest animal! Learn about our amazing giraffes during a training session with an Animal Care Professional—where you’re the assistant! Get hands-on experience while you get to know our giraffe’s quirky personalities, ask questions, and learn about the positive reinforcement techniques we use with all our animals.
NEW at ZooTampa
Saving a Species Tour
ZooTampa is committed to saving wildlife in wild places at home and abroad—from the tiniest toads to the biggest black bears! But saving species is a job we cannot do alone. Join us for a 30-minute tour of the brand new Sandy and Tom Callahan Center for Wildlife Conservation, where you will learn all about our mission to protect wildlife, and find out how you can help us help them! Reserve your spot at the front ticket window or visit the Tours & Guest Services Kiosk after entering the Zoo, next to Manatee Circle.
Lorikeet Feeding Experience
Times vary each day. $5 per feeding. For more information or to purchase your feeding, visit the Lorikeet Aviary gift shop located in Asia.
Stingray Feeding Experience
Times vary each day. $5 per feeding. For more information or to purchase your feeding, visit the Stingray Bay gift shop located in Florida.
ZooTampa Animal Encounter Tips & Guidelines
- Please arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to the start time of your experience. Guests who are late may forfeit their spot and will not be eligible for a refund.
- To ensure safety, participants agree to abide by Zoo safety protocols.
- Guests may bring a camera; however, there are areas behind-the-scenes which you may be asked not to photograph. Video recording to not permitted behind-the-scenes.
- Tour components are subject to change without notice due to animal, weather, or staff needs.
- Service animals are restricted from entering the Koala photo encounter area.
* Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult in order to participate in any Up-Close Signature Encounter