The one-of-a-kind family event starts Sept. 29
TAMPA, Fla. (September 5, 2023) –Tampa Bay’s number one family Halloween celebration, Creatures of the Night, returns to ZooTampa at Lowry Park this fall. Guests of all ages are invited to get into the spooky spirit and join the Zoo’s new vampire hosts, Count Chirop and Countess Tera, for eerie family frights every weekend through October 29. The event is free to members and Pay for A Day ticket holders. General admission tickets are $34.95.
NEW Creatures of the Night Experiences for 2023:
- Vampire Ball: Instead of blood, Count Chirop and Countess Tera feed on fun and host a party made up of human and monster friends.
- Vikings Victory Party: This dance party features jock jams and victory anthems. Guests who are brave enough to join these barbarians in their celebratory revelry are ensured a rocking good time.
- Troll Cave: Guests won’t be able to miss this dark, foggy cave inhabited by trolls. Though they might look a bit fearsome, these trolls are playful—and they’re ready for a game of hide and seek.
- Howliday House Light Show: Guests can enjoy a colorful Halloween light show every 15 minutes in front of ZooTampa’s own haunted house.
- Spider-Queen Dining Hall Oasis: Are you ready to meet the Spider Queen and her Court? Join them for some Halloween fun and be mesmerized by the living black widow fountain.
- Twisted Tales: The perfect place for younger guests where favorite storybook villains come to life. Don’t worry, the Fairy Godmother will also be there to keep the mischievousness in check.
- Junkyard of Broken Dreams: Braver guests will not want to miss this haunted house where scary dreams and urban legends will come to life.
- Swamp Witch Way: Blackwater Mattie, the swamp witch, may still be lurking in the Florida Wilds. Guests who want to search for her should make sure they are carrying something to trade.
- Clown Carousel: A troupe of clowns have set up shop in Carousel Circle and are waiting to play pranks on passing guests.
- HooDoo Haven: Guests who dare to travel through ZooTampa’s Ituri Forest will find a Mardi Gras party festooned with flags and dripping with beads. Meet Dr. Hoodoo and his hoodoo friends who can help you find a cure for any ailment you may have.
- Voodoo Bar: Guests who need a break from the Zoo’s eerie festivities are encouraged to take a break at the Voodoo Bar. Adults will find New Orleans-themed beverages at the Coppertail Watering Hole bar in the Beer and Wine Garden.
- Scarecrow Junction: Don’t miss your favorite chef, Lucilla Lumpkins, smashing up her famous recipes inside Scarecrow Junction. Also let your littlest ones experience their first Haunted House as they face the Ha Ha Haybale Maze.
Eerie Event Info:
- Creatures of the Night takes place on 13 select nights in September and October from 4pm to 10pm.
- Event nights are September 29 (members only night), Sept. 30, Oct. 6-7, Oct. 13-15, Oct. 20-22, Oct. 27-29.
- Event capacity is limited. Date and time-specific tickets and reservations are strongly encouraged.
- General admission tickets are $34.95 and can be purchased online at zootampa.org.
- The event is FREE to members and Pay for A Day ticket holders.
- There’s a $5 reservation fee for annual members and Pay for a Day ticket holders, which is reimbursed upon entry in the form of a $5 voucher valid on the event night for food and merchandise.
- Costume Note: Children (12 years of age and under) are invited to wear their most eerie Halloween attire. For the comfort and security of all guests, adults (13 years of age and up) may not wear Halloween masks, wigs, face paint, or costumes of any kind. Toy weapons are prohibited regardless of age.
For more eerie scoop on the event visit: ZOOTAMPA.ORG
About ZooTampa at Lowry Park: ZooTampa at Lowry Park is operated by the Lowry Park Zoological Society, an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization committed to excellence in conservation, education, recreation, and research. The Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and is recognized as Florida’s leading and most attended zoological cultural attraction. ZooTampa and our David A. Straz, Jr. Manatee Critical Care, were honored among the “Best Zoos” (#6) and “Best Zoo Exhibits” (#4) in USATODAY’s 2023 10Best Reader’s Choice Travel Awards. The Zoo is an eleven-time winner of the Trip Advisor Travelers’ Choice Award (2010-2022), ranking us among the top 10% of attractions worldwide. A winner of 2021 Best of Tampa and is a leader in the rehabilitation and care of Florida species. The Zoo is located at 1101 W. Sligh Avenue in Tampa and is open seven days a week (except Thanksgiving and Christmas) from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with extended hours for select events. For more information, visit www.zootampa.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.