Buy Your Tickets Now for Creatures of the Night
Tampa Bay’s number one family Halloween event, Creatures of the Night, returns this October with spooky scares and unforgettable eerie frights for ghouls & goblins of all ages. The mostly outdoor event will take place for 11 select nights from Friday, October 2nd to Saturday, October 31st and will be modified with enhanced health & safety measures to ensure safe family fun.
This year’s family friendly event is themed around campfire tales and features several new outdoor Halloween experiences and spooky characters. Due to limited capacity, date-specific tickets and reservations with timed entry are the best way to guarantee admission.
Member & Pay For A Day Reservations
Due to the limited nature of this event, there is a $5 per person reservation fee for Members & Pay For A Day Rest of Year Free ticket holders (age 3 & older). Upon entry to the Zoo, you will be reimbursed the $5 per person reservation fee in the form of a $5 per person voucher good for dining & merchandise purchases. Reservations are the best way to guarantee entry. Please enter the event within the 30 minute window of your reservation.
Includes $5 Voucher for Food or Merchandise
General Admission Tickets
Due to the limited nature of this event, date & time-specific reservations are the best way to guarantee entry on the night of your choice. Please enter the event within the 30 minute window of your reservation.
Children 2 and under are free and do not require a ticket.
Reserve the date & time of your choice
Children 2 & Under are free
New for 2020
The Realm of the Spider Queen
- Trek through a spooky spider cave and emerge at a high energy dance celebration presided by the Spider Queen.
- Experience the only "Summer Camp" that welcomes guests in the Fall and is solely focused on telling creepy tales around the campfire.
- Enter the underwater world of the siren where she lures unsuspecting pirates with her song and transforms them to stone.
Out of Time
- Dinos are wreaking havoc in the modern day world. Help the explorers take the dinosaurs back to their prehistoric time before it’s too late!
- Usually dead men tell no tales, but these spooky pirates have plenty of stories to share. Join them for a party full of games, dancing and a good ole jolly time.
- A caravan of clowns has set up residence around ZooTampa’s famous carousel. Come enjoy a ride and laugh with our silly pranksters!
- Enjoy everyone’s favorite villains from storybooks, from an evil queen to a wolf in grandma’s clothing, as they come to life with unexpected twists. Don’t worry, the Fairy Godmother will keep them all on their best behavior!
- Experience an array of eerie encounters as the rising and falling waters of a forgotten Florida coastal town reveals it’s good, bad, and slithering inhabitants.
- Frolic at a festive fall harvest set aside for the littlest of ghouls, complete with a pumpkin patch and scarecrows.
- Enjoy devilish culinary delights including sinfully delicious foodie favorites and wicked cocktails.
Tickets & Reservations:
NOTE: Please do not use the daytime reservation system for your Creatures of the Night “COTN” event reservation. You will not be admitted without a COTN reservation or event ticket. Tickets and reservations are available first-come-first-serve at zootampa.org and are subject to availability. Tickets/reservations are date and time specific and are valid for a single visit only on the selected COTN event night. The ticket/reservation does NOT include daytime admission.
You must purchase an event ticket for every member in your party except for guests 2 years of age and under, who are admitted free. On your selected date of visit, you must present your COTN ticket(s), which will be emailed to you. Prices listed are per person and do not include service fees. Not valid with any other discount.
Members & Pay For A Day, Rest of Year Free ticket holders “PFAD”:
Due to the limited nature of this event, there is a $5 per person reservation fee for Members and PFAD ticket holders (age 3 and older). Upon entry to the Zoo, you will be reimbursed the $5 reservation fee in the form of a $5 voucher good for dining and merchandise purchases. You must make a reservation for every member in your party, except for children 2 years of age and under, for your selected date and time. On your selected date, you must bring your valid membership card/PFAD tickets, along with your reservation confirmation, which will be emailed to you. Please have your membership number ready when making a reservation (which can be found on the back of your membership card/PFAD ticket).
Member and PFAD Dining/Merchandise Vouchers:
Vouchers are valid only on the date of your COTN reservation and are not valid during daytime hours. Vouchers may not be used for photo purchases, caricatures, face painting, or letter painting. The $5 vouchers must be used in a single transaction. No change or credit will be given. Multiple vouchers may be used in a single transaction. Vouchers have no cash value.
Enhanced health and safety precautions will be in place including non-invasive temperature checks, social distancing, enhanced sanitation of attractions and mask requirements in limited indoor locations. Additionally, all staff members including costumed characters will wear masks.
Please do not arrive before your ticketed time; you will not be admitted entry to the park before your ticketed time, or on any other date than the event night selected. No readmission. Please enter the event within the 30 minute window of your reservation.
Date Changes, Ticket/Reservation Cancellations, Weather:
COTN is a rain or shine event. Tickets and reservations are non-refundable. Operating hours, products, attractions, services, and schedules are subject to change without notice. COTN may be cancelled due to weather that poses a safety hazard. Guests will be notified via the email provided during the reservation/ticketing process of any changes to event scheduling. Due to the limited nature of this event, no changes can be made to your tickets/reservations within 72 hours of your scheduled event date/time. Rescheduling is subject to availability. To make a change to your ticket/reservation, please request a reservation change using this form or call 813-935-8552 ext. 0 at least 72 hours before your scheduled event date/time.
This is a limited attendance event. Date and time-specific tickets and reservations are the only way to guarantee admission. Please make your reservation or purchase your ticket before arriving to the Zoo. Walk-Ups will only be accepted if the event date is not sold out.
Children (12 and under) are invited to arrive in their most spooktacular attire. For the comfort, safety and security of all guests, adults (ages 13 and up) may not wear Halloween masks, wigs, face paint or costumes of any kind. Toy weapons are prohibited.