ZooTampa Smoke-Free Day presented by St. Joseph's Hospitals
Saturday, November 23rd
ZooTampa at Lowry Park has joined forces with St. Joseph’s Hospitals, Tobacco Free Florida and the American Lung Association to bring a smoke-free day to members and guests. The inaugural event, takes place at the Zoo on Saturday, November 23rd and features discounted admission, guest speakers and special activities for individuals and families who are willing to commit to a “smoke-free” pledge.
The family event is designed with a goal to encourage healthy lifestyle choices in a location that is known providing for engaging, nature-focused fun that connect guests with wildlife and each other. More than 75% of all zoos and aquariums accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) are smoke-free.
During the event, the Zoo’s team will be active in delivering guests immersive encounters with animal ambassadors, while explaining the effects of secondhand smoke on animals. Additionally, the event partner organizations will provide important information and presentations on how guests can access the resources and support they need to remain smoke-free. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Zoo’s animal care programs and conservation efforts.
Karamu 2022 Fundraising Event
Thank you for making our silent auction a
The Stohler FamilyRod and Kim Dick, Marilyn, and Doug
Donor Bill of Rights
Trustees of the Lowry Park Zoological Society, Directors of the Lowry Park Zoo Endowment Foundation, and the Employees and Volunteers at ZooTampa understand and appreciate the vital role of philanthropy to accomplish our work. That’s why we subscribe to the Donor Bill of Rights developed by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, National Society of Fund Raising Executives:
“Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes that they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.”
Donor Privacy Statement
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is committed to protecting your privacy. We value the trust of our donors, volunteers, employees and other supporters and recognize that maintaining this trust requires us to ensure the confidentiality of personal information that you share with us.
As a nonprofit organization, ZooTampa relies on your support, depends on the support of generous contributors, and achieves ambitious fundraising objectives by communicating with and understanding donors. We know that it is essential to protect the privacy of that information. ZooTampa, the Lowry Park Zoological Society, and the Lowry Park Zoo Endowment Foundation will neither sell nor trade a donor’s personal information to any other entity without the written permission of the donor.
ZooTampa Public Disclosures
We are committed to financial transparency. You can download the following financial documents to learn how your donation dollars are allocated to conserve and protect wildlife at ZooTampa.
Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, INC. is a 501(c)(3) Organization; TIN# 59-2328289.
FLORIDA STATE REGISTRATION
Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, INC.: Registration No. CH140
Lowry Park Endowment Foundation, INC.: Registration No. CH20389
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.
DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES
Phone: (800) 435-7352
Toddler Tuesdays at ZooTampa
New Location: Saunders Event Pavilion
Toddler Tuesday returns for an Amazing Adventure through the Alphabet! From awesome amphibians to slithering snakes, join us to learn about the wild side of the ABCs. Each month, we will investigate a new letter and find out how it fits into the animal kingdom. With interactive activities and songs, story time, and exclusive animal mingles, our youngest Zoo Members will discover nature in a whole new way!
- December 7th, 2021 Tag along for Tales of the Terrific Letter “T.”
- January 4th, 2022 Visit with the Very Valuable Letter “V.”
While children of all ages are welcome to attend, Toddler Tuesday combines animal experiences with specialized programming for kids ages 2 to 6. Guests will be encouraged to socially distance with marked seating. Masks will be required for all guests except children ages 2 and under.
Toddler Tuesday is a Members-Only limited-capacity event, and attendance is first come, first served.
- Face masks are required, except for children 2 & under.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early. Toddler Tuesday will begin promptly at 10:00 AM.
- Enter through our Front Gate and follow directional signage to Saunders Event Pavilion.
- Keep your Zoo Membership cards out and handy for check-in at Saunders Event Pavilion.
Download your Toddler Tuesday Activities Here!
- Click the link below to access your Adventure through the Alphabet Notebook.
- Follow along with us as we meet new friends from Alphabet City, then create them at home with this at-home activity.
- Did you miss a month of Toddler Tuesday? No worries! All of the previous month’s letter characters will be included in each month’s download.
Ring in the New Year at the Zoo!
Why limit the fun to just midnight? Ring in the new year at ZooTampa with a special daytime celebration featuring an hourly toast to 2022! Our New Year Celebration takes place on Friday, December 31 from 10am to 4pm in the Wallaroo section of the park and will feature a DJ dance party, contests, giveaways and special appearances by Manny T. and Flora Panther in their party gear! The all-day festivities do not require reservations and are included with your daily admission or membership to the Zoo. Don’t miss out on the fun!