WILD-ly Fun Summer Camps
Explore the Zoo like never before! Get nose-to-horn with a majestic Indian Rhino or hand-to-fin with playful stingrays. Learn from professionals what it takes to become a zoo keeper, veterinarian or animal trainer. Or test your wildlife photography skills with the coolest animal subjects. Get ready to experience VIP access, up-close animal encounters and soaking splashes on our all-new water adventure, Roaring Springs.
Summer camps are ALL-INCLUSIVE! Each camper will receive:
- Lunch each day of camp
- T-shirt and lanyard to be worn each day of camp
- Refillable water bottle
- Zoo backpack
- Commemorative photo
- Before & aftercare
- A complimentary ticket to visit the Zoo on another summer day
Schedules vary depending on the grade level, instructor, and weekly theme.
- Summer 2019 registration is not open yet, but check back here and our social media channels for updates!
- Camps are for children currently completed in grades K-8.
- Camp days are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Free extended care from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Camps for 4th - 8th grade comes with a sleepover at the end of the camp week.
Need more information? Contact our Education Office Manager at 813-933-8093 or Jamie.elkington@ZooTampa.org.
Go green while you let your imagination run WILD at this earth-friendly art camp. Turn trash into treasure creating your very own masterpieces, and meet native Florida animals you are helping along the way!
Taking care of animals is a big job… are you up for the challenge? From zookeepers to veterinarians, and everyone in between, it takes a lot of people to keep the animals healthy and happy. Find out just what it takes for you to become a Dr. Zoo-little!
Ever wonder how we make a Zoo habitat, or how an animal builds their own home? Learn what is needed and how animals create a safe place to live in nature, then put your newfound skills to the test while designing your own animal abode!