Breakfast with the Animals
Breakfast Just Got Wild
Breakfast with Shoebill Storks
Saturday, April 17th, 2021
8 AM to 9:30 AM
Join us for an unforgettable breakfast event and get up-close with rare shoebill storks. As home to three of only four shoebill storks in the United States, ZooTampa offers you the rare opportunity to meet this amazing species and learn from the experts. These fascinating birds can reach five feet in height and are classified as vulnerable, with only 3,300 to 3,500 mature shoebills still living in the wild. Their new habitat is located in the Africa realm and will offer the first glimpse of these incredible animals in more than a decade.
- Breakfast quiche, bagels, coffee & juices
- Light breakfast enjoyed overlooking our new shoebill stork habitat
- Discussion on baobab trees and shoebills
- Animal Care chat, Q&A
- Admission into park following program
Breakfast with Shoebill Storks is sold out
Check back soon for more info on our next Breakfast with Animals event!
Know Before You Go
COVID Safety Information
- Masks are required to participate in this event, except when eating or drinking. Disposable masks are available at no cost.
- ZooTampa is principally an outdoor fresh-air experience; therefore, when outside, guests who maintain proper social distance are not required to wear face masks. Even so, every guest entering the Zoo is strongly encouraged to wear a mask. Disposable masks are available at no cost. Guests will be informed of venues/experiences where masks are required.
- To ensure safety, participants agree to abide by Zoo safety protocols including social distancing and healthy hygiene practices.
- Guests will have their temperature checked at the Zoo’s entrance. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will not be admitted. If you feel sick, please stay home and seek proper medical care.