Media Admissions Policy
The Public Relations courtesy ticket policy is designed for business purposes to give working journalists an opportunity to experience and cover ZooTampa. All decisions regarding courtesy tickets are at the discretion of the ZooTampa Public Relations department. The following information is meant to serve as a guideline to help media determine if they may be eligible for consideration. For more information, please contact the Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifying media may request four (4) tickets once every 12 months.
- Please fill out the media passes request form at least two (2) weeks prior to visit.
- Once approved, an email confirmation will be sent to the requester from ZooTampa Public Relations.
- Qualifying positions include the following in these news-related categories:
Print Media: *Editors, News Reporters, News Photographers, Publishers, Managing/Assignment Editors
Broadcast Media: News Producers, News Directors, News/Sports/Weather Anchors, and Reporters, Managing Assignment/Planning Editors, News Writers, Videographers
Social Media and Online Media: Bloggers, Freelance Writers, Editors affiliated with established news organizations or online publications
Media in travel, lifestyle, entertainment, business, consumer, sports, or related fields
- Positions that do not qualify for ZooTampa courtesy tickets include sales, graphic artists, promotions, programming, technical, public relations, clerical, engineering, management, production, staff assistants, station managers, and general managers.
- Freelance journalists must provide copies of current articles (published in the past 6 months) with the requester’s byline and publication date. Topically, the content provided must have some relevance to ZooTampa and zoological organizations.
- When complimentary media passes are picked up at the membership window, the journalist will be asked to provide a current media outlet photo ID and a business card and/or driver’s license (i.e. magazine or freelancer requests). Tickets cannot be issued without proper credentials.
- Tickets are issued to and can only be picked up by the requester.
Please fill out this form with requests for Media Guest Passes.