Experience wildlife like nowhere else! Voted Tampa’s Best Family Attraction and 11-time winner of TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award, ZooTampa offers one-of-a-kind experiences that connect people to wildlife and each other in fun and immersive ways.
Come nose-to-nose with an endangered Florida panther, witness life-saving care at our David A. Straz, Jr. Manatee Critical Care Center, go on a safari through Africa, and so much more! Every visit supports our commitment to rescue, rehabilitate, and care for animals and continues to inspire future generations to join us in saving animals and preserving the world we share.
February 25 through April 30
Something is buzzing in Tampa this Spring. An invasion of epic proportions. Giant larger-than-life BUGS are coming to ZooTampa. Guests will shrink down and be immersed in BUGTOPIA, the fantastic world of animals that skitter, crawl, and fly. BEE-come a Member and get unlimited chances to experience this web of fun!
Select nights in October
Tampa Bay’s favorite family-friendly Halloween event, Creatures of the Night, returns every October at ZooTampa. Guests of all ages can enjoy eerie fun, tasty treats, and spooky surprises. Members receive free admission!
Select nights in November and December
It’s the most wonderful time of the year at ZooTampa with the return of Christmas in the Wild, featuring one of Tampa Bay’s largest light displays, delectable holiday treats, amazing wildlife and new festive adventures. Happening select nights in November and December, families can make new traditions and unforgettable holiday memories. Become a ZooTampa member and get free admission to special events like Christmas in the Wild.
We are a leader in the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of Florida species. From majestic manatees and critically endangered Florida panthers to iridescent indigo snakes and playful otters, our team is at the forefront of helping the diverse species that call the sunshine state home.
New nature and entertainment district connects residents, Zoo visitors to riverfront Tampa, FL (December 15, 2022): ZooTampa at Lowry Park today unveiled plans for a stunning multi-year vision aiming to
MRP Partners Coordinate Big Move in Preparation for Critical Winter Season TAMPA, Fla. (November 6, 2022) — As the Florida manatee population continues to struggle with watercraft injuries, severe weather,
Due to a confirmed case of the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) on a wild bird in our county, and out of an abundance of caution, ZooTampa is initiating preventative
1. Please make one field trip per reservation order. Complete one and start a new one if you have multiple days you are booking.
2. Headcount can be approximate. Please include children and adults in your headcount. Please do not include pass holders in your headcount for a ticket.
3. On the ticket page, choose the correct grade level (to the left of your screen) to receive the correct chaperone ratio.
4. On the ticket page, when on the calendar section, the number of tickets available will appear in the top right corner for each particular day. Tickets available include children and adults. If you have more people than tickets available, please choose another day.
5. Anyone that is ordering lunch, even pass holders and adults that receive free chaperone tickets, do need to pay for a lunch IF they are ordering one. Free chaperone tickets and pass holders are for admission only.
6. Payment does not need to be paid at the time of registration. Choose the pay upon arrival option if you would like one person to pay for your entire trip on the day of your visit.
7. The prices of adult and children’s tickets are different.
8. You will receive a confirmation number and confirmation letter via email when your trip is confirmed. If you do not, please contact Jamie.Elkington@Zootampa.org right away.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park offers a variety of delicious food for guests at several restaurants and concession stands throughout, but we understand that guests may need to bring outside food for special dietary needs. Acceptable and prohibited food items are listed below. For the convenience of our guests, there is a picnic area located outside the park near the main parking lot.
For the safety of our animals, guests and employees, the following items are not permitted to be brought into ZooTampa:
The following items are also prohibited to avoid blocking of walkways and/or trip hazards:
Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone not observing Zoo Rules.
With a new Pay For A Day, Rest of Year Free ticket – for a limited time – you get unlimited admission through December 31, 2023 including access to our seasonal event series. Some blockout dates apply — see below for details. Not valid with any other discounts.
When does my Pay For A Day ticket expire?
For a limited time, new Pay for a Day, Rest of Year Free tickets are valid from the day of purchase until 12/31/2023 Pay for a Day, Rest of Year Free tickets which were purchased prior to October 1st, 2022 are valid until 12/31/2022.
What are the blockout dates?
3/11/23 – 3/19/23
11/24/23 – 11/26/23
12/26/23 – 12/31/23
Can I purchase a Pay For A Day ticket on a blockout date?
Yes! You can purchase a Pay for a Day, Rest of Year Free ticket for first-time use on a listed blockout date and have full access to the park on that day. Blockout dates apply to repeat visitation.
Can I use my Pay For A Day ticket on blockout dates?
If you already have your Pay for a Day, Rest of Year Free ticket and wish to visit during a listed blockout date, please stop by the Zoo’s ticketing windows for alternate options: